£35,000 – £40,000 pro rata, flexible hours to suit
Based in Halifax, we are looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join our expanding practice.
At Cooper Accounting, we pride ourselves on being the accountants that care as we have a genuine desire to support our clients to succeed. It is important that our staff share our beliefs in delivering a 5 star service whilst maintaining compliance and efficiency.
We are looking for someone to grow with us. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced practice accountant to develop their career within an expanding business.
The core role will include, but not be limited to:
• Preparation of Year End Accounts for Limited Companies, Sole Traders and Partnerships.
• Finalising tax returns and corporate tax analysis.
• Preparation of VAT Returns and Bookkeeping where require.
• Dealing with client queries and maintain relationships including year end meetings.
• Assisting the senior manager where required.
• Training junior staff
• Developing and managing new processes to increase efficiency.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
• Preparation of Accounts and Tax Returns both from completed bookkeeping and incomplete records.
• Preparation and submission of VAT Returns for a variety of businesses and industry types.
• ACCA qualified desirable
• Knowledge of TaxCalc and Xero will be an advantage.
• Experience of working within a firm of Accountants is essential.
Working hours are flexible but core hours would be between 8:30am -6:30pm Monday to Friday. 25 days holiday plus statutory entitlement (pro rata).
You will have access to free on-site parking and be working with a friendly team.
Please apply with your full CV and covering letter. Should you have any queries and would like to discuss the role further, please feel free to contact us by emailing email@example.com
- Full or Part time, Permanent
• Accounting: 6 years (preferred)